Celebrations & Gatherings
Weddings & Rehearsal Dinners
Bar & Bat Mitzvahs
Whether you are planning a lavish affair with 500 guests or an intimate elopement, Jennifer can tailor a breathtaking wedding that is uniquely yours. If your vision and vendors are already in place, or if you don’t know where to start, Jennifer can help guide you. The most important services Jennifer provides before the event are creating a detailed timeline and providing clear and thorough communication with everyone involved. On the day of your wedding, Jennifer and her colleagues coordinate the creative team and oversee every detail so your event flows seamlessly from start to finish.
For those of you who are in need of full-service planning, Jennifer can work with you step by step to design and achieve a wedding that represents your taste and style. Jennifer’s innate organizational skills and keen sense of style will help you design the wedding of your dreams that runs as smoothly as it is gorgeous.
Planning a wedding is a daunting task – even for the most organized of all people. The stress associated with being sure you have hired the right professionals, accounted for all things that can possibly go wrong, and sometimes even just dealing with family members can be overwhelming. Jennifer’s intuitive ability to make a challenging situation manageable while listening to all points of view can be a game changer. When the day comes, Jennifer’s adroit management of the event itself will seem effortless, allowing you to have the time of your life.
Everyone’s needs, wishes, and dreams differ, but here are some examples of the services we always offer:
- Suggest venues for your event.
- Prepare a list of experienced wedding professionals suited to your style and budget (officiants, photographers, videographers, musicians, bands, DJs, caterers, rental companies, stationers, bakers, hair and make-up stylists, transportation, etc.)
- Review proposals and contracts from vendors
- Act as another set of eyes to proofread save-the-dates, invitations, and other wedding collateral
- Create a detailed timeline of the events and tasks leading up to your special day (based on what stage you are at in the planning process) along with a moment-to-moment schedule for your wedding day
- Provide ideas to enhance your concept with favors and other embellishments
- Be a source for advice and professional guidance (and sometimes a little “wedding-therapy”)
- Help prepare and prioritize a wedding budget
- Attend meetings with your wedding team to discuss décor, meal and beverage planning, logistics, and timing
- Collaborate with your event team to design a beautiful and cohesive look for your wedding
- Review the final Banquet Event Order and rental orders to be sure all details and counts are correct
- Work with the bride and her stylists to prepare a schedule for hair and make-up
- Distribute a detailed timeline to each wedding professional 1-2 weeks prior to your wedding
- Conduct the wedding rehearsal and go over wedding-day timing with your family and wedding party
On the Wedding Day:
- Assist the bride and bridesmaids when it is time to get dressed
- Work with the photographers and videographers to arrange the first look and then to direct the wedding party and family members to gather for photo
- Set up seating cards, favors, menus, guest book, etc.
- Act as a liaison with the wedding professionals, client, and venue to be sure everything is being set up properly
- Coordinate the wedding ceremony and reception including the music cues, toasts, meal service, special dances, and cake cutting.
- Distribute gratuities and final payments
Mitzvahs, Milestones, and other Special Events
The special event field runs the gamut of different types of celebrations. Joie de Vivre originated as a catering and event coordinating company with emphasis on social and corporate events, and then segued into primarily wedding planning. Over the years, Jennifer has produced many types of events from company parties and product launches for 700+ guests, spouse outings and wine-tasting excursions, to 50th anniversary parties, Bar & Bat Mitzvahs, milestone birthday celebrations, medical symposiums, and galas for non-profit organizations. Jennifer loves the challenges and variety that all special events offer.
Please contact Jennifer to discuss your event or wedding plans and she will custom tailor a package for you.